Monday, September 24, 2012

off

alright, so um...today i decided to take the day off of work, to get done the 238 things on my "to do" list. i also decided to take the kids to the sitter (something i never do when i am off), so that i could knock out as much of the list as i could. warren left for work around 6:30am. the rest of us were up about 7am. i gave ella breakfast. (grapes and yogurt...not chips.) i fed carrie, dressed them both and we were out the door by 8am. i looked like a hot mess when i dropped the kids off...penn state hoodie, sweatpants, flip flops, glasses on, hair all over my head. (miss kaykay the sitter was staring.) i decided to come back home, get a shower and get crack a lackin on my list...and then i saw my bed. my empty bed, in a quiet house...and i thought, "what the hell! i'll just lay down for 20 minutes before i get a shower...no harm in that!" well...needless to say, i laid down and woke up....THREE HOURS LATER!! (shiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt.) i thought the clock was broken, then i looked at my phone...it was almost noon and i all i could do was laugh. i cannot remember the last time i slept for 3 consecutive hours...let alone for a nap. i guess i should've set an alarm...or 5, because i'm pretty sure a circus could've set up in my bedroom and i wouldn't have woken up. i guess my weekend, and my life...caught up to me.

in an attempt to try to rectify the situation...i ran to the grocery store. (one thing on the list.) i talked to fen, who laughed her head off and she then she said, 'give it up...your day is over.' (yeah...i know.) so this afternoon i blasted country music, poured a glass of wine, and i decided to make...(oven ready) "homemade" lasagna and (boxed) "homemade" brownies. i also sprayed some febreeze around so that it smells like i cleaned. (another thing on the list)

i crossed 2 things out of 238 on my to do list today. the house smells like food and febreeze...butch'll never know i took an accidental 3 hour nap. i won't tell if you don't.

day off to get stuff done...epic fail. (whoopsa. daisy.)


No comments:

Post a Comment