Monday, April 30, 2012

quotes

april was a short school month, due to spring break...but there surely wasn't a shortage of shenanigans. these are some of my favorite quotes and pictures from april. enjoy.


april 10
a little boy rambling to me while shoving cheetos in his mouth at snack time...
"my dad is married to a man and my mom wants to be married to a woman."
(i just nodded...i didn't ask any questions.)


language arts lesson gone wrong...
can nat play ball? with a 'bat' that big?... sure.


april 12
one of my favorite students has been talking about getting a pet for weeks.
"mrs. s, you know how i've been asking my parents about getting a pet?"
"yes, i know...you've been talking about it a lot lately."
"well...my dad said the only pet that i'm gonna get is a snake."
"oh really? a snake!?"
"yes...he said that he is going to get me a snake so that every time I am bad or don't do my homework he's gonna let it bite me!"
(i like this dad...a lot.) 

"do you know that the devil is 102 years old and his birthday is on halloween?"
(nope...i had no idea.)



april 13
during a bathroom break, two boys were horsing around in the bathroom.
"boys! what are you doing in there? you are taking entirely too long!"
one of them (yelling) "I'M TRYING TO POOP...BUT IT WON'T COME OUT!!!"
(sorry i asked...)

april 16
"my mom let me eat some of her crab cakes at the restaurant we went to this weekend."
(another child piping in) "CRABCAKE!? a CAKE made out of CRAB! sounds disgusting..!"

today was my 30th birthday. for fun, i had the kids draw a picture of what they thought they would look like when they were 30. this is one little girl's picture.
                           yes, that is a pregnant belly (ala smiley face) and high heels.
(awesome.)

april 18
"if you have seven quarters...that means you are rich."
(um, i wish...)

april 19
"mrs. s, are killers real?"
"killers? like people that kill other people?"
"yeah."
"well, yes, but most of them are in jail..." 
(she was visibly relieved...ahhh, innocence.)

april 20
"can i cuckoo in the bathroom?"
"can you WHAT in the bathroom?!"
"i've never cuckoo'd in the bathroom before...can i do it? i really have to go?"
(at this point, i realized she was talking #2..)
"yes! cuckoo away!" 

april 23
draw a picture for the story the tortoise and the hare
i asked her..."so i see the tortoise, and i see the hare...but what is that other animal?"
"um...it's a worm, i thought that he would like to race too. i wish there was a worm in the story."


april 24
"my little sister's feet smell like farts and she keeps asking me to smell them because she thinks it's funny."
(i didn't tell her that i, too, thought it was kinda funny...)


free journal writing
scissors






















april 25
today was personality picture day, so the kids did not have to wear their uniforms.
(head in hand standing next to me at my desk) "mrs. s...i look like a dork."
"what?! why do you say that?!"
"well everyone else doesn't have their uniform on, but i do."
"well, no big deal...i think you look very handsome in your uniform."
(big smile) "thanks, mrs. s!!" 
(love moments like these...) 

april 27
"mrs. s, you should not talk to drunk people, ever! they act crazzzzzy! they will yell in your face! and also, drunk people drink....(whispering) alcohol!"
(thanks for the advice kid..)


april 30
the kids were working on their independent morning work and i overheard this conversation:

"my mom says that i have to go to bed at night so that i'll grow. she said sleep makes you grow. (the other kids at her table nod.) butcha know what?! my mom's a liar. (i almost spit out my coffee.) one night, i measured myself with a pencil on the wall, and the next morning i checked it...and it was the exact same. i didn't tell my mom i measured, but when she says it next time about me growing...i'm going to tell her that she is not right."
(be careful what you tell your kids!)








"From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!" -Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment