Sunday, January 29, 2012

perfect





those chinese really know their stuff, eh? this was my fortune on friday night…and apparently, they were also talking about their food, because I woke up early saturday morning with severe stomach cramps and the feeling that I was surely going to shit my pants. anyway, this ‘fortune’ really made me think. nothing really is perfect, is it? (nor is it supposed to be) how boring life would be if it were “perfect.” people enjoy other people’s joy, and other people’s misery…i believe that’s why facebook is such a hit. we love knowing what is going on in other people’s lives…either to feel better about our own life or to live vicariously through someone elses.

a wise old man once told me to stop and refocus….and i think we all need to do that in our lives to a certain extent. if you don’t like something in your life, change it.  i hate whiners…i like doers. when going through difficult times, my grandmother always told me to ‘put on your boots and march’…in other words,  deal with it, and move on. that’s all you can do really.  that being said, you never truly know what is going on in someone else's life or what they are really going through. we are so quick to judge each other…and I’m not exempt from this statement. more importantly, sometimes all you can do is laugh…because if you don't, you'll cry. (and that’s not good for anyone involved) also always remember that nothing’s perfect...including that super delicious chinese food that almost made me shit my pants.




"if the world were perfect, it wouldn't be." -yogi berra

No comments:

Post a Comment